Translate

Saturday 14 July 2012

Water Designing

A lot of people have been asking me about the water design. For those of you who do not know what it is I will give you steps of how to do it and also tips I have.
The water design is simple to do and if done well will look very nice and creative, for this I would highly recommend using sellotape or wax of some kind unless you want to be cleaning nail polish off your fingers.

The one thing I will say is have nail polish remover before you do this otherwise you will have unwanted nail polish on you.


Steps:

1. Get an ordinary cup or bowl and will it with cold water. ( I highly recommend using a cheap plastic one that you don't mind throwing away as the nail polish seems to get stuck on it alot)

2. Pick a couple different nail polish colours (I would say min 2 max 3-4)

3. Gently swirl around until the colours have intertwined ( You need to be gentle otherwise the nail polish will all join together and move to the side)

4. With your finger covered in sellotape or wax only exposing the nail dip your nail into the water then pull out.

5. Leave for a minute until the nail drys and remove the sellotape or wash off the wax.

6. Repeat process for each nail. ( The maximum usage you should get from each process is 2 nails if you get more great!)

I would really like to point out none of the nails will be the same design that is the whole point, your nails will look super cool and you will have a different unique style for each nail.

Now the one thing I really hate when trying to copy something that someone else has done is when they just give you steps but you don't really know how to do it or they aren't clear enough and you still don't really understand them and there is no visuals which is why I created a video, it wont work on here but if you would like to watch it then just tell me and I will try to email it to you.

This was my finished result:













I rushed it so the colours I picked may not have been the best but still shows how crazy the designs can turn out, I used 3 colours.



BeautyLoverxx











No comments:

Post a Comment